OVERVIEW: Makin’ It Happen for Resilient Youth, Inc. (MIH), is committed to the development of our RESILIENCY ESSENTIALS (RE) focus area. The goal is to bring prevention-based presentations, training, and awareness opportunities to our eight communities within the Greater Manchester region. All elements are designed to spark dialogue, engage, inform, educate, and empower our youth (13-17), young adult population (18 – 25) and adults (26+). These initiatives are focused on providing prevention education, along with the development of a peer-to-peer support culture that will bolster confidence, fortify community connections, and encourage healthy lifestyles.
Position Overview: The Resiliency Essentials Project Director will fill a key position as we work to build our regional prevention programming. As a MIH team member, the Director will manage our RESILIENCY ESSENTIAL programming which will focus on a region-wide training that provides culturally appropriate mental health training and resources in order to serve families, youth and communities experiencing disparities. This position will work with youth, trusted adults that work in schools and youth-serving organizations, and adult community members in mental health training to raise awareness, reduce stigma, teach intervention techniques, and to ultimately reduce suicide in our region.
Core Knowledge and Ability:
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking, attention to detail as well as the ability to manage time appropriately
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group; ability to take initiative, when appropriate
- Knowledge of and ability to apply community development/organizing practices and principles
- Demonstrated experience as an energetic and engaging trainer. Certification in Mental Health First Aid suite or Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) a plus
- Knowledge of mental health challenges and resources as well as suicide prevention, risk factors, warning signs, etc.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Canva, Social Media platforms, Constant Contact as well as the ability to learn and navigate new platforms
Highlights of Position Responsibilities:
- Work with Makin’ It Happen staff and key community partners coordinate training program across region
- Working with MIH leadership, develop initiative objectives along with a yearly work plans
- Attend community, regional and state level meetings as identified to inform/support RE
- Development of a learning series schedule, promotion of series and management of all logistical details associated to ensure successful outcomes
- Administer and collect data and surveys
- Other duties as required
- Master’s degree in social work, community Development/organizing or,
- Bachelor of Arts in any of the above with 2 -3 years’ experience in public health systems development, macro social work, or community development/organizing
- Certified Prevention Specialist within a year of hire
- Must have access to reliable transportation along with ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends to meet program needs
- This is a team-based, grant funded, salaried position with a salary range of $53,000 to $62,000 based on experience
- MIH operates under a hybrid model, allowing for schedule and workspace flexibility