Mike Mariani and Devin McLaughlin are two Keene High School students going on a 700-mile New England bicycle journey to raise money and awareness for suicide prevention.
These two incredible young men are taking this journey in honor of Nathan Mariani. Nathan was Mike’s brother and Devin’s dear friend. Nathan passed away suddenly by suicide in 2018. Mike and Devin wanted to find a way to honor Nathan’s memory. Both are avid bike riders, so they decided taking a ride to raise money and awareness of suicide prevention be a great way to accomplish this.
Initially, they planned to travel cross-country but because of COVID-19 they adjusted their plans. They are planning to loop around northern New England by traveling from Keene to Vermont to Northern New Hampshire into Maine and back to New Hampshire. They set out on their journey earlier this week.
They have raised over $16,000 for a Keene based organization called the Samaritans, a suicide prevention agency that can be found at www.samaritansnh.org . During their trip, Mike and Devin will be handing out brochures and sharing information online as they progress.
We would like to help rally some support for these incredible young people. There are a few ways you can do this!
- Donations: Contributions can be provided via venmo.com/pedalingforprevention2020 and https://www.gofundme.com/f/sq26t-pedaling-for-prevention or by mailing check or money to Pedaling For Prevention, c/o Savings Bank of Walpole, PO Box 744, Keene, N.H., 03431. visit: http://pedalingforprevention.com=
- Social Media
- Cheer Them On!
- Share their Facebook posts on your personal and organization’s pages. Be sure to include a message of support in your post. Post Example: Mike and Devin are two Keene High School students going on a 700-mile New England bicycle journey to raise money and awareness for suicide prevention. Here’s a link to learn more about their journey http://pedalingforprevention.com
- Share their Instagram posts to your personal or organizational Instagram Story. For more information about how to use Instagram Story visit https://help.instagram.com/1660923094227526 . Be sure to include a message of support in the story. It can include Instagram stickers, songs or whatever you would like.
- Film a short video cheering them on! Mike and Devin would love to hear your words of support. Film a short video that encourages them and post it to Instagram and Facebook. Be sure to tag them in the video. Here are their tags:
- Instagram: @pedalingforprevention2020
- Facebook: @Pedaling4Prevention
Please stay tuned for more details on how to cheer them on in person. Makin’ It Happen will be connecting with Mike and Devin so we can give you up to date information on where you can go to cheer them on in person!