New Hampshire Legal Aid Updated COVID-19 Resources

by | Nov 19, 2020 | Makin ’It Happen Together

New Hampshire Legal Assistance released their Fall 2020 Newsletter which included some important updates on resources related to COVID-19.  Check them out below:

  • If you need financial help with your rent, utilities, or other COVID related expenses, apply at


  • If you need to apply for unemployment, go to or call 603-271-7700.


  • If you need health insurance, food assistance, or access to other public benefits, apply online at or call 1-844-275- 3447. You can also apply for temporary Medicaid coverage to get a COVID test if you are uninsured.


  • The CDC has issued an eviction moratorium through the end of 2020, but there are several steps you need to take to be protected: If you are unable to pay your rent, contact your local welfare office by phone or e-mail and apply for help at


  • If you need help with your utilities, you can apply for financial help at You can also contact your utilities about a repayment plan. If you have a financial hardship, you can qualify for more time to repay. If your utility provider has discontinued services, contact the Public Utility Commission at 1-800-852-3793 or [email protected].


  • If you need to apply for Social Security benefits or help with other routine SSA services, go to If you need help with a critical SSA issue call your local SSA office at 1-888-397-9798 or TTY 603-225-8475.


  • If you have a loved one in a nursing facility, there are changes to visitation here: For concerns, contact the Long-term Care Ombudsman at [email protected] or (603) 271-4375.


  • If you are a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sexual abuse please call the 24/7 statewide hotlines. For domestic violence and stalking call 1-866-644-3574. For sexual assault call 1-800-277-5570. Victims may go to court to file DV/stalking petitions or contact their local crisis center to file electronically.


  • If your child receives special education services, school districts are required to hold IEP meetings no later than 30 calendar days after the first day of the school year. Districts who have selected a remote instructional model for their general education population should not rule out in-person services for students with disabilities. Regardless of the model a district chooses, each school must take any and all necessary steps to meet its obligation to provide free and appropriate education to its students.



If you have any questions, please call 1-800-639-5290, or apply for help online at You can always call 211 to find out where to go for the help you need.