The federal government launched COVIDtests.gov and is accepting orders for FREE tests! Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. You will be prompted for your home and shipping addresses. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
The tests that will be shipped:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to as self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests
The federal government recommends you utilize one of the tests if:
- If you begin having COVID-19 symptoms like fever, sore throat, runny nose, or loss of taste or smell, or
- At least 5 days after you come into close contact with someone with COVID-19, or
- When you’re going to gather with a group of people, especially those who are at risk of severe disease or may not be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines.
COVID-19 tests are not a replacement for vaccines which are still highly recommended. If you need more information about the COVID-19 vaccine visit NH Vaccine Information | NH Vaccine Strategy.
To place an order for your household for the four free COVID-19 tests visit COVID Home Tests | USPS.